Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Short Update

It is now the end of day 13. Only one more full day here in China and then we leave for home! We all are so excited. We have been warned about the cold and the snow that will greet us at home, but even I don't care...I can't wait to see it! I'll probably change my mind after a week or so though!

Yesterday, we had a nice relaxing day and then had a river boat cruise at night. It was breathtaking on the Pearl River. The weather was mild and we had a wonderful breeze. We had dinner on the cruise, more Chinese of course. Some scary stuff too. Mike and Katherine were fine with the selections but the rest of us are missing our western cuisines!

Most of the families, except two us, are leaving for home tomorrow. This morning we had some group photos taken of all of us, since this will be the last day that we'll all be together. They all fly out very early in the morning and we leave on Saturday. I didn't think I would care, but I'm feeling jealous that they'll be home on Friday night. I miss home and everyone so much!

Today we had our Consulate appointment. We didn't actually have to go. Our guides went for us and then tomorrow we go there to finish up. It's the day that we get Katherine's Visa too. This is the reason that we have to stay so long. The first week was waiting for her Passport and this week was waiting for her Visa. So after tomorrow we are home free. Our fingerprints cleared at home too, so it's nice to know that we can go home in a couple of days. I can't wait to show Kat her new home and very own bedroom. She has been sharing a room with Mike and I. We are so glad that we booked two rooms at each hotel. We would have went stir crazy for sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm excited to see all of you at the airport when you get home on saturday night!

Unknown said...

p.s. which clock on on your page is right? the normal one, or the ones showing the weather?